July 12, 2019
Inspiration, motivation and practical information for today’s travelling woman.
Join your hosts Megsy from The Dish (Food and Travel Show) and Alice from Teacake Travels for the Girls Talk Travel weekly podcast, as they chat with women who have (trust us) been there and done that!
Megsy & Alice tackle some of the everyday concerns female travellers have while exploring this amazing world of ours. From the first stages of building confidence to actually buying a plane ticket, to telling your family and friends. They'll be guiding you through your travel journey and talking about the things that can happen along the way that you didn't in your wildest dreams ever expect.
Listen now at: https://girlstalktravel.podbean.com/
Or to find out more about the show visit: https://foodfuntravel.com/girlstalktravel/
June 24, 2019
In This Episode - Stories About The Best Food To Eat In Lisbon, Portugal:
- Fishy history - the surprising story of how cod became one of Portugal’s national dishes
- Porky power - The Portuguese sandwich that locals can’t seem to get enough of
- Plus, the Lisbon liqueur that left our shoes sticking to the sidewalk.
Get the full article with 35+ dishes to discover in Lisbon at https://foodfuntravel.com/lisbonpodcast/
June 17, 2019
In part 2 of this Bulgarian cuisine double episode:
* Bulgaria’s National Pastry - Banitsa
* We chat to Vasil From Bulgaria Wine tours about some very traditional Bulgarian main courses
* A 100% Bulgarian dish from the Rhodope mountains.
* PLUS, Megys’s favourite Bulgarian drink - but should you be mixing it with milk?
Full article with 50+ Bulgarian dishes to try, at https://foodfuntravel.com/bulgariapodcast
June 10, 2019
In part 1 of this double episode:
* The foundations of traditional Bulgarian cuisine - the flavors that make their dishes taste uniquely Bulgarian
* The history of Bulgaria’s National Dish: The Shopska salad
* Plus, The best soups, salads and dip in Bulgarian cuisine
Our full article on Bulgarian cuisine can be found at https://foodfuntravel.com/bulgariapodcast/
June 3, 2019
In This Episode:
* The history of popcorn from the ancient americas to today
* The modern rise of popcorn and why it became a top movie theatre snack
* We ask, Why does corn pop?
* Plus, crazy popcorn facts!
May 27, 2019
In this episode:
* Greek Feta Cheese vs. Bulgarian Sirene Cheese vs Romanian Telmea and other white cheeses. Which was the original brined white cheese?
* We discuss the ancient history of Feta style cheese from the balkan region.
* Should the EU have made Feta cheese a Greek only designated origin product?
* We explain the origin of the name “Feta”.
* Plus, How Canada may have got it right when it comes to Feta cheese…
Show notes for this episode at https://foodfuntravel.com/fetapodcast
May 20, 2019
In this episode:
* We Take a one-of-a-kind roaming degustation (multi venue tasting menu) in Colombo, Sri Lanka, with an Asia’s Top 50 Restaurateur, Dharshan Munidasa.
* We visit one of his Asia Top 50 restaurant, Ministry Of Crab
* Plus, we try traditional Japanese with a Sri Lankan twist, and contemporary fine dining versions of traditional Sri Lankan street food.
This is part of our new food travel stories series - where we talk about unique food experiences around the world.
Full article at https://foodfuntravel.com/colombopodcast