- 4 of the superstar Ingredients of world cuisine originate in Emilia Romagna. We Discuss how these ingredients form the base for many of the best dishes in Bologna.
- The Story Of Real Italian Tortellini
- Why if you order spaghetti Bolognese in Bologna, it won’t be what you expect…
- We reveal our favourite Bolognese dish, which is barely known outside of Italy.
- Our expert guest Andrea from Taste Bologna Food tours reminisces about some of his favourite Bolognese food experiences
- PLUS, a cake made of tagliatelle… only in Italy!
In This Mezcal vs Tequila Episode:
- Learn the difference between Mezcal vs Tequila
- Have you been drinking Mezcal and Tequila all wrong?! Learn the way the pros taste these spirits.
- We explore the history of Tequila and the history of Mezcal.
- Some Agaves used to make Mezcal can take over 35 years to mature before they are picked. Learn about the fascinating process behind every bottle of Mezcal.
- Expert interview with Rafael from Mezcaloteca in Oaxaca https://www.facebook.com/mezcaloteca/
- PLUS is Mezcal a wonder drink that will not give you a hangover? Our verdict!
Read the full companion article at:
- We delve into our favourite foods from one of our top 5 food destinations, the republic of Georgia
- Epic soup dumplings - Why Georgia’s magical meaty-soup filled “khinkali” have won our hearts
- Have you eaten epiploon? You may have done so without even knowing. But Gerogia is making an incredible meatball with epiploon that you have to try!
- 7 Other unique Georgian dishes you just won’t eat anywhere else
- And, How Georgians make use of the left over grapes form wine harvest to make deserts and a spirit that will make your face explode.
2 of 2: What to Eat in Tbilisi & The Republic of Georgia
Get the companion article featuring 60+ dishes to try, at:
- We explore how Georgia’s history shaped the unique cuisine they have today
- The evidence that shows Georgia to be the birthplace of wine
- Khachapuri: The cheesy bread that could rival pizza as the best cheese and bread combo in the world.
- Was pizza the precursor to this? Or did Georgian Khachapuri have a different origin…
Part 1 of 2: Khachapuri (Georgian Cheese Bread) & How Georgia’s History Shaped Their Cuisine
Get the full companion article featuring 60+ must try Georgian dishes at:
The flavors and history of Yucatan Cuisine from south east Mexico - Think Cancun, the Mayan ruins of chichen itza, playa del carmen, Merida and more.
What is traditional Mayan food? And what is modern Yucatecan fusion cuisine? PLUS a rundown of our favourite must-try dishes from the region.
Get the full show notes, and a list of some of our favourite places to eat in Merida & The Yucatan at https://foodfuntravel.com/mayanfood
Seoul, South Korea: The stories behind kimchi and some of our favourite dishes. PLUS, we ask, why are they sending kimchi into space?
ALSO, Whose dish is it anyway? The story of Fried Chicken in South Korea and Tommo tries a dish that’s having second thought about being eaten…
Get the full show notes, and a list of some of our favourite places to eat in Seoul at https://foodfuntravel.com/seoulpodcast
History of Thai Curry AND the stories behind some of our favourite dishes in Bangkok, Thailand. We discuss the controversial history of one Thailand’s tastiest curries... PLUS a little adventurous eating of some of Thailand's more unusual high protein street snacks…
Get the full show notes, and a list of some of our favourite places to eat in Bangkok at https://foodfuntravel.com/bangkokpodcast
More Tacos! The history of 3 of Mexico's most popular taco styles
In this Episode:
- The mystery and rivalry behind the invention of the modern fish taco
- Is one of Mexico's most famous tacos really Mexican at all??
- How pork shaped the world of tacos
- PLUS: Will Megsy eat the strangest pork taco filling we've ever seen!?
FULL SHOW NOTES:
The unexpected history of Mexico's most famous dish: Tacos. Featuring Taco Professional & Food Historian, Jeffrey Pilcher (University of Toronto)
This is the first part of our 2 part pilot release.
Get ready for Foodie Info-tainment!
In this episode we head to Mexico... you will learn:
- How tacos became a dish - and when.
- What was the first ever taco style? (We go eat it, live!)
- A roundup of some of Mexico's tastiest taco styles
- What was the largest & most expensive taco in the world?
We keep things fun, light and tasty from start to finish!
Get the full show notes at https://foodfuntravel.com/001