August 18, 2018
In Part 1 of our Georgian Cuisine Double episode Featuring the food of the Republic of Georgia and it's capital, Tbilisi:
- We explore how Georgia’s history shaped the unique cuisine they have today
- The evidence that shows Georgia to be the birthplace of wine
- Khachapuri: The cheesy bread that could rival pizza as the best cheese and bread combo in the world.
- Was pizza the precursor to this? Or did Georgian Khachapuri have a different origin…
Part 1 of 2: Khachapuri (Georgian Cheese Bread) & How Georgia’s History Shaped Their Cuisine
Get the full companion article featuring 60+ must try Georgian dishes at:
June 12, 2018
The flavors and history of Yucatan Cuisine from south east Mexico - Think Cancun, the Mayan ruins of chichen itza, playa del carmen, Merida and more.
What is traditional Mayan food? And what is modern Yucatecan fusion cuisine? PLUS a rundown of our favourite must-try dishes from the region.
Get the full show notes, and a list of some of our favourite places to eat in Merida & The Yucatan at https://foodfuntravel.com/mayanfood
June 5, 2018
Seoul, South Korea: The stories behind kimchi and some of our favourite dishes. PLUS, we ask, why are they sending kimchi into space?
ALSO, Whose dish is it anyway? The story of Fried Chicken in South Korea and Tommo tries a dish that’s having second thought about being eaten…
Get the full show notes, and a list of some of our favourite places to eat in Seoul at https://foodfuntravel.com/seoulpodcast
May 28, 2018
Military coups and political propaganda… The surprising origin story of Thailand’s national dish - The Pad Thai
Plus, some of our favourite places in Thailand to eat Pad Thai, and the chance to eat a Pad Thai with a difference…
May 21, 2018
History of Thai Curry AND the stories behind some of our favourite dishes in Bangkok, Thailand. We discuss the controversial history of one Thailand’s tastiest curries... PLUS a little adventurous eating of some of Thailand's more unusual high protein street snacks…
Get the full show notes, and a list of some of our favourite places to eat in Bangkok at https://foodfuntravel.com/bangkokpodcast
May 10, 2018
More Tacos! The history of 3 of Mexico's most popular taco styles
In this Episode:
- The mystery and rivalry behind the invention of the modern fish taco
- Is one of Mexico's most famous tacos really Mexican at all??
- How pork shaped the world of tacos
- PLUS: Will Megsy eat the strangest pork taco filling we've ever seen!?
FULL SHOW NOTES:
February 22, 2018
The unexpected history of Mexico's most famous dish: Tacos. Featuring Taco Professional & Food Historian, Jeffrey Pilcher (University of Toronto)
This is the first part of our 2 part pilot release.
Get ready for Foodie Info-tainment!
In this episode we head to Mexico... you will learn:
- How tacos became a dish - and when.
- What was the first ever taco style? (We go eat it, live!)
- A roundup of some of Mexico's tastiest taco styles
- What was the largest & most expensive taco in the world?
We keep things fun, light and tasty from start to finish!
Get the full show notes at https://foodfuntravel.com/001
February 15, 2018
The New Podcast From Tommo & Megsy - Exploring the stories behind the world's best dishes. This trailer is a quick teaser about what is coming up in our New Podcast
The Full Season One Release Began in May 2018 and the initial 10 episode release will complete in Septmeber 2018.
Check out https://foodfuntravel.com/thedish for more info