February 10, 2020
We create our dream menus - A four course meal made up of the best dishes we've ever eaten after traveling to 95 countries.
Our dream menu special - celebrating reaching our 50th episode of The Dish podcast, is a homage to one of our favourite food comedy podcasts, Off Menu with Ed Gamble and James Acaster. On their show, they are joined each week by a different guest who describes their own dream menu, made up of whatever dishes they want from their life and from around the globe, brought to them in an imaginary way by the genie waiter, James Acaster.
On our show, we (Tommo & Megsy) interview each other about our perfect dream menu options from all over the world. The best bread, starter, Main, side dish & dessert. It's going to get a little ridiculous as we go all out with our ultimate favourites...
January 27, 2020
In This Episode:
* History Of The Pavlova - One of Australia & New Zealand’s favourite desserts
* We try to settle the 100 year old debate of who invented it, AUS or NZ?
* Plus, was the first Pavlova made with frog’s legs, rather than fruit?
Read more stories about food and culinary travel on our blog: https://foodfuntravel.com
December 30, 2019
In Part 2 Of This Christmas Dinner Double Episode:
- What’s on your christmas table? We talk about the what and why of popular christmas dinner dishes
- Brussels sprouts. Why did this evil invade Christmas?
- Plus, fun Christmas dinner facts from around the world.
Read More at https://foodfuntravel.com/christmasdinnerpodcast/
December 16, 2019
In Part 1 Of This Christmas Dinner Double Episode:
November 18, 2019
IN THIS EPISODE:
- The weird and wonderful world of Balut - Fertilized boiled eggs
- The history of Balut
- Plus we eat it in the Philippines. But, is it more nutritious than a regular boiled egg?
One of the philippines' most popular streetfoods. DISCLAIMER: This is a strange food with graphic descriptions of animal parts and embryos that some listeners may find upsetting.
Watch the video of us eating Balut for the first time: https://foodfuntravel.com/balutpodcast
October 21, 2019
IN THIS EPISODE:
* What exactly is couscous? The surprising story of how its made and what it's made of.
* The history of couscous and Israeli couscous - Plus many other types of Couscous.
* Plus, the Couscous debate, is it pasta or not?
Find the companion article to this podcast at https://foodfuntravel.com/couscouspodcast
October 7, 2019
In the third Part Of Our Tapas Feature triple episode:
- Tapas or not? We discover other small plate dishes from Spain - Pintxos (Pinchos), montaditos and more.
- The story of Pa amb tomàquet (Catalunya’s simplest tapas dish)
- PLUS our top 10 favourite ever Spanish tapas dishes and where we ate them.