- Tapas or not? We discover other small plate dishes from Spain - Pintxos (Pinchos), montaditos and more.
- The story of Pa amb tomàquet (Catalunya’s simplest tapas dish)
- PLUS our top 10 favourite ever Spanish tapas dishes and where we ate them.
- The history of 4 of the most famous and historic tapas dishes:
- Gazpacho soup, Albondigas (Spanish meatballs) Patatas Bravas (Chunky potatoes with spicy sauce) and Croquetas (Spanish croquettes)
- The many theories on the origin of Spanish Tapas - 8 different origin stories!
- Plus, What were the very first tapas dishes?
Read the full article at https://foodfuntravel.com/tapaspodcast
- After a month spent in Mongolia, we discuss their most important cultural dishes
- Mongolian food is based on “white food” and “red food” we explain what that is and why they have those classifications
- Plus, Is Mongolia’s most famous dish around the world really a Mongolian dish at all?
DISCLAIMER: This Episode contains talk of some unusual food (offal etc.) If you are squeamish about graphic discussion of animal parts you may want to listen to alternative episodes.
Full Mongolia Food Article at: https://foodfuntravel.com/mongoliapodcast/
- We visit Madrid, The capital of Spain
- We explain the unexpectedly controversial history of Spanish omelette
- Learn why Madrid’s famous stew, Cocido, originally had no pork but today can have up to 8 or 9 cuts of pork in each dish.
- Plus, Flamenco meets Haute cuisine. We taste food from a Michelin star chef while watching Spain’s most emotive dance style.
Read The Full Article: 25+ Things To Eat In Madrid https://foodfuntravel.com/madridpodcast/
- The story behind one of the world’s most famous sandwiches - The Club Sandwich
- The Club sandwich ingredients debate? Double decker, triple decker, ham or bacon? Egg or no egg?
- Plus, we discuss 2 of the weirdest club sandwiches we found in Asia.
- What To eat in Rome - Pizzas, pastas and rice - it’s going to be a carb fest!
- The history of carbonara: it’s quite different from what you’d expect
- Plus, a little deep fried street snack with a built in surprise.
Full Article 20+ things to eat in Rome: https://foodfuntravel.com/romepodcast
- Tommo eats tarantula in Cambodia
- How to cook and eat tarantula
- The history of eating tarantula and why it’s still eaten today
Full Article and video at http://foodfuntravel.com/tarantulapodcast
- Pastéis de Nata - Egg custard tarts - are they Portuguese in origin, or were they first invented elsewhere?
- Why the Portuguese egg tart is the culinary symbol of Macau, and the surprising story behind how it got there.
- Plus where can you eat the tastiest egg tarts? After a lot of testing, we think we’ve found them.
Find the full article at https://foodfuntravel.com/eggtartspodcast.com