March 18, 2019
- What are the essential Balinese condiments, spices & fruits?
- Nasi Kampur - It’s almost like a Balinese tapas buffet
- The short story of satay (or sate)
- Why they eat more duck than chicken in Ubud, Bali.
- Plus, A jet black dessert that rocked our tastebuds…
More On Balinese Food (Where to eat & What to Eat) at: https://foodfuntravel.com/balipodcast/
"People assume that “satay” just refers to the “spicy peanut sauce” but the word actually refers more to the skewered meat."
"In Ubud, Bali, Duck is more popular than chicken or pork because ducks live in the numerous rice paddies of the region, helping to kill insects, clean the environment while simultaneously contributing their own waste as fertilizer for the rice."