October 21, 2019
IN THIS EPISODE:
* What exactly is couscous? The surprising story of how its made and what it's made of.
* The history of couscous and Israeli couscous - Plus many other types of Couscous.
* Plus, the Couscous debate, is it pasta or not?
Find the companion article to this podcast at https://foodfuntravel.com/couscouspodcast
October 7, 2019
In the third Part Of Our Tapas Feature triple episode:
- Tapas or not? We discover other small plate dishes from Spain - Pintxos (Pinchos), montaditos and more.
- The story of Pa amb tomàquet (Catalunya’s simplest tapas dish)
- PLUS our top 10 favourite ever Spanish tapas dishes and where we ate them.
September 23, 2019
In the Second Part Of Our Tapas Feature triple episode:
- The history of 4 of the most famous and historic tapas dishes:
- Gazpacho soup, Albondigas (Spanish meatballs) Patatas Bravas (Chunky potatoes with spicy sauce) and Croquetas (Spanish croquettes)
September 9, 2019
In the first part of this triple Episode:
- The many theories on the origin of Spanish Tapas - 8 different origin stories!
- Plus, What were the very first tapas dishes?
Read the full article at https://foodfuntravel.com/tapaspodcast
June 3, 2019
In This Episode:
* The history of popcorn from the ancient americas to today
* The modern rise of popcorn and why it became a top movie theatre snack
* We ask, Why does corn pop?
* Plus, crazy popcorn facts!
May 27, 2019
In this episode:
* Greek Feta Cheese vs. Bulgarian Sirene Cheese vs Romanian Telmea and other white cheeses. Which was the original brined white cheese?
* We discuss the ancient history of Feta style cheese from the balkan region.
* Should the EU have made Feta cheese a Greek only designated origin product?
* We explain the origin of the name “Feta”.
* Plus, How Canada may have got it right when it comes to Feta cheese…
Show notes for this episode at https://foodfuntravel.com/fetapodcast
May 13, 2019
In This Hamburger Double Episode:
* How American Is The Hamburger? We discuss the origin or ground (minced) meat & meat patties
* The creation of first custom buns designed specifically to be used for hamburgers.
* Also, the battle over who really invented the modern hamburger - The stories and legends of the main contenders.
* Plus, Random hamburger facts and records that amused us.
Show Notes at https://foodfuntravel.com/hamburgerpodcast