- Who invented the Lasagne, and when?
- Was it even the Italians, or did Greece or the UK invent it first?
- The controversy over the first written recipe for Lasagna
- PLUS, a local rivalry, who’s Lasagna is the best!
- The Story Of Tabasco Sauce
- Did The Creator of Tabasco Sauce Steal The Recipe?
- Plus, Fun Facts About Tabasco Sauce!
This is one of our “Shopping List” bonus episodes which are only available to our paid subscribers. In this shopping list series we discus the stories of famous ingredients and condiments.
- The history of one of the world’s most famous condiments
- We debunk the origin myth surrounding the original recipe for Worcestershire Sauce
- PLUS, Almost 200 years of history, Worcester Sauce From Inception to now
In This Mezcal vs Tequila Episode:
- Learn the difference between Mezcal vs Tequila
- Have you been drinking Mezcal and Tequila all wrong?! Learn the way the pros taste these spirits.
- We explore the history of Tequila and the history of Mezcal.
- Some Agaves used to make Mezcal can take over 35 years to mature before they are picked. Learn about the fascinating process behind every bottle of Mezcal.
- Expert interview with Rafael from Mezcaloteca in Oaxaca https://www.facebook.com/mezcaloteca/
- PLUS is Mezcal a wonder drink that will not give you a hangover? Our verdict!
Read the full companion article at:
- We explore how Georgia’s history shaped the unique cuisine they have today
- The evidence that shows Georgia to be the birthplace of wine
- Khachapuri: The cheesy bread that could rival pizza as the best cheese and bread combo in the world.
- Was pizza the precursor to this? Or did Georgian Khachapuri have a different origin…
Part 1 of 2: Khachapuri (Georgian Cheese Bread) & How Georgia’s History Shaped Their Cuisine
Get the full companion article featuring 60+ must try Georgian dishes at:
Seoul, South Korea: The stories behind kimchi and some of our favourite dishes. PLUS, we ask, why are they sending kimchi into space?
ALSO, Whose dish is it anyway? The story of Fried Chicken in South Korea and Tommo tries a dish that’s having second thought about being eaten…
Get the full show notes, and a list of some of our favourite places to eat in Seoul at https://foodfuntravel.com/seoulpodcast
More Tacos! The history of 3 of Mexico's most popular taco styles
In this Episode:
- The mystery and rivalry behind the invention of the modern fish taco
- Is one of Mexico's most famous tacos really Mexican at all??
- How pork shaped the world of tacos
- PLUS: Will Megsy eat the strangest pork taco filling we've ever seen!?
FULL SHOW NOTES:
The unexpected history of Mexico's most famous dish: Tacos. Featuring Taco Professional & Food Historian, Jeffrey Pilcher (University of Toronto)
This is the first part of our 2 part pilot release.
Get ready for Foodie Info-tainment!
In this episode we head to Mexico... you will learn:
- How tacos became a dish - and when.
- What was the first ever taco style? (We go eat it, live!)
- A roundup of some of Mexico's tastiest taco styles
- What was the largest & most expensive taco in the world?
We keep things fun, light and tasty from start to finish!
Get the full show notes at https://foodfuntravel.com/001