- We visit Madrid, The capital of Spain
- We explain the unexpectedly controversial history of Spanish omelette
- Learn why Madrid’s famous stew, Cocido, originally had no pork but today can have up to 8 or 9 cuts of pork in each dish.
- Plus, Flamenco meets Haute cuisine. We taste food from a Michelin star chef while watching Spain’s most emotive dance style.
Read The Full Article: 25+ Things To Eat In Madrid https://foodfuntravel.com/madridpodcast/
- The story behind one of the world’s most famous sandwiches - The Club Sandwich
- The Club sandwich ingredients debate? Double decker, triple decker, ham or bacon? Egg or no egg?
- Plus, we discuss 2 of the weirdest club sandwiches we found in Asia.
- What To eat in Rome - Pizzas, pastas and rice - it’s going to be a carb fest!
- The history of carbonara: it’s quite different from what you’d expect
- Plus, a little deep fried street snack with a built in surprise.
Full Article 20+ things to eat in Rome: https://foodfuntravel.com/romepodcast
- Tommo eats tarantula in Cambodia
- How to cook and eat tarantula
- The history of eating tarantula and why it’s still eaten today
Full Article and video at http://foodfuntravel.com/tarantulapodcast
- Pastéis de Nata - Egg custard tarts - are they Portuguese in origin, or were they first invented elsewhere?
- Why the Portuguese egg tart is the culinary symbol of Macau, and the surprising story behind how it got there.
- Plus where can you eat the tastiest egg tarts? After a lot of testing, we think we’ve found them.
Find the full article at https://foodfuntravel.com/eggtartspodcast.com
Inspiration, motivation and practical information for today’s travelling woman.
Join your hosts Megsy from The Dish (Food and Travel Show) and Alice from Teacake Travels for the Girls Talk Travel weekly podcast, as they chat with women who have (trust us) been there and done that!
Megsy & Alice tackle some of the everyday concerns female travellers have while exploring this amazing world of ours. From the first stages of building confidence to actually buying a plane ticket, to telling your family and friends. They'll be guiding you through your travel journey and talking about the things that can happen along the way that you didn't in your wildest dreams ever expect.
Listen now at: https://girlstalktravel.podbean.com/
Or to find out more about the show visit: https://foodfuntravel.com/girlstalktravel/
- Fishy history - the surprising story of how cod became one of Portugal’s national dishes
- Porky power - The Portuguese sandwich that locals can’t seem to get enough of
- Plus, the Lisbon liqueur that left our shoes sticking to the sidewalk.
Get the full article with 35+ dishes to discover in Lisbon at https://foodfuntravel.com/lisbonpodcast/
In part 2 of this Bulgarian cuisine double episode:
* Bulgaria’s National Pastry - Banitsa
* We chat to Vasil From Bulgaria Wine tours about some very traditional Bulgarian main courses
* A 100% Bulgarian dish from the Rhodope mountains.
* PLUS, Megys’s favourite Bulgarian drink - but should you be mixing it with milk?
Full article with 50+ Bulgarian dishes to try, at https://foodfuntravel.com/bulgariapodcast
In part 1 of this double episode:
* The foundations of traditional Bulgarian cuisine - the flavors that make their dishes taste uniquely Bulgarian
* The history of Bulgaria’s National Dish: The Shopska salad
* Plus, The best soups, salads and dip in Bulgarian cuisine
Our full article on Bulgarian cuisine can be found at https://foodfuntravel.com/bulgariapodcast/